Sunday, August 25, 2013

Starting High School

Ok, I had finally been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue- took long enough!!! I know that it would have been nice to know that I was not crazy when I didn't get better. The time between getting diagnosed with mono and getting diagnosed with CF, I kept pushing myself harder and harder until it made me sicker and sicker because I realized that I was supposed to get better, and I was trying to put mind over matter and mentally make myself better. Well, it really didn't work and it was a roller coaster of me trying to get caught up in school, pushing myself to do more, and then I would literally crash and burn and be almost at square one all over again.

Once I was diagnosed with CF, I was able to get a doctor's note to cut down on the number of classes I took, so that hopefully the cycle where I would crash and burn would be stopped. I ended up going half days to school, in the mornings because I did better in the mornings. I would then go home and take a 3-4 hour nap in the afternoon. The doctor's note allowed me to do this; however, it was made clear to me before I even started high school that I wouldn't be allowed to graduate unless I got ALL of the credits required. That was not feasible for me, so I accepted (grudgingly) that I wouldn't be allowed to graduate with all of my friends and classmates.

I went with my mom to the counseling center to get my school schedule changed from the generic one I was given (full day, specific classes required) to my schedule which I got to pick whatever I wanted since graduation requirements didn't factor into the equation. They looked at my last name, and started to sign me up to speak to a counselor, and my mom said "we are going to see another counselor". In the end, my mom got her way, and I was able to get a counselor who listened to what I wanted and who had no problem making changes to my schedule. I wanted to take classes that I wanted, so I took subjects that interested me the most- history and science (biology). I found teachers who actually taught, rather than having endless amounts of busywork, which I did not appreciate since I was in school to LEARN......a new way of dealing with school that I didn't quite have before. I transferred out of classes if I truly wasn't learning anything, if they teacher couldn't (or wouldn't) teach in a way that I could learn. It did confuse some people when I would go to transfer and they would ask me why and I would say "I am not learning anything, it is wasting my time and energy".

1 comment:

  1. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Sydrome,Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete